Australia Visa and Immigration Programme, Australian Immigration requires you to have a visa to enter unless you are an Australian passport holder or qualifying for a free visa program for an International Applicant.
There are a number of visa options, and knowing which visa to apply for should be the first step taken when making plans to travel to Australia. We’ve divided the visa classes into the following four categories.
The following Australian visas allow the holder to visit Australia on a temporary basis. The visas you are eligible for depend on which country your passport is from. However, if you’re confused about which visa you need for your trip to Australia, use our fast, easy online travel visa advisor to find out exactly which visas you are eligible for when travelling to Australia.
Determine Australia Visa and Immigration Programme
Once you have determined which visa you need to travel to Australia, follow the links in the wizard to find more information, as well as our fast, simple online assessments. Alternately, click on any of the links below for further details concerning the travel routes to Australia we currently process online:
- Short-Stay ETA Tourist Visa
- Short-Stay ETA Business Visa
- Long-Stay Visitor Visa
- Working Holiday Visa
Australia Visa and Immigration Programme, Attach documents to an application
The documents you give us depend on the visa or citizenship you apply for.
Your application form tells you:
- what documents to attach
- whether to attach documents before or after you submit
The Australia eVisitor is valid for short stays for tourism or business purposes. It was implemented to create a reciprocal short stay travel arrangement for nationals of Australia and the European Union within the existing Australia visa system.
Passport holders from all countries not eligible for eVisitor and ETA can apply for the Visitor visa for Australia, except for citizens of Somalia.
Which countries are eligible to apply for the ETA?
All Countries are eligible to apply for Australia Visa and Immigration Service. Applicants are also required to provide a current email address to which the Australia e-visa will be sent.
What are the conditions Australia Visa and Immigration Programme and the ETA?
Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties.
- You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable;
- You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months
- If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies;
- You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia;
- The holder must depart within the validity of the Visitor Visa (ETA); AND
- If arriving on an ETA with criminal convictions, you could be refused entry into Australia.
How to Apply for an Instant ETA Tourist Visa
- Complete the Online ETA Visa Application.
- Enter travel information and passport details for each traveller.
- After payment, your application is processed instantly and linked to your passport number.
- Your ETA status is confirmed by email within a few minutes.
Note: If you have had any criminal convictions in any country, you may wish to consider applying for a Tourist visa (subclass 600), rather than an ETA.