Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship: Are now open for yearly Commonwealth Department of Education and Training provides funding to Universities to award scholarships to domestic and international students undertaking Higher Degree Research programs.
Australian Government offers research scholarships to do a Masters by Research or PhD by Research. Nearly all kind of academic fields are taught in the University. This scholarship will fund all the costs to complete your degree as over 620 awards will be sponsored.
ANU currently conducts two annual central scholarship rounds which includes the AGRTP, the University Research Scholarship and a few other centrally managed scholarships.
The institution is regarded as one of the best research institutions and it is rated number one university in Australia and the Southern hemisphere according to the 2022 QS World University rankings. Also, the ranking situate the institution as number 27th in the world. 2021 Times Higher Education rated Australian National University as 59th in the world and third in Australia.
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship Eligibility
You must satisfy the following requirements before you can be eligible for the scholarship, they are:
1. The Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017 set the basis for the conditions of award, and prerequisites for this scholarship. Read it here: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2016L01602
2. There is an established RTP Policy & Procedure which highlights the standards, processes and conditions for this scholarship. These documents are accessible from the reference document section of this page.
Applicants are rated and scholarship awards are granted based on a competitive ranking procedure, to the top-ranked applicants, subject to evidence they satisfy merit-based selection criteria – subject to verification of a qualified supervisor, space and resources being available, in an aspect of research that is aligned with ANU research strategy.
Candidates are ranked and scholarships are awarded based on a competitive ranking process, to the top ranked candidates, subject to evidence they meet merit-based selection criteria, and subject to confirmation of a qualified supervisor, space and resources being available, in an area of research that is aligned with ANU research strategy.
- Travel and removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program.
- Thesis allowance
- Dependant child allowance (International students only).
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave (See sections 51-68 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure)
- Suspension of Scholarship (See sections 43-48 of the Research Training Program Scholarships Procedure)
Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship How to apply:
Commencing students: No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered. Note to ensure you are considered please ensure you select the appropriate boxes in the admissions application form to note that you are interested in being considered for any available scholarships.
Continuing students: Please complete and return the “Request for a Current ANU Student to be Considered for a HDR Scholarship” form to your Academic College.
Visit the official website for more details
Applications must be complete by the Scholarship deadline, including all supporting documentation and referee reports, in order to be considered in the scholarship ranking process